Saturday, November 19, 2011

How long do cut evergreens last outside? I was thinking of replacing hanging flower pots with evergreens and?

white and red berries for the winter season but I'm not sure how long they'll last. What other plant cound I put out in hanging pots? I live in the Northeast (usually pretty snowy but thanks to global warming the times, they are a-changing). I have a white farmhouse, black shutters, red door. Thanks : )

How long do cut evergreens last outside? I was thinking of replacing hanging flower pots with evergreens and?
Balsam fir branches will stay green for a long time as long as they are not picked too early in the fall. Two or three cold days causes something to change in the tree and the needles will stay on all winter. If you pick them before a hard frost the needles will fall off.
Reply:Try putting the foam that is used for flowers in the container and keep it wet. Be sure to shred the cut end of the evergreen before inserting in the foam. You can get the foam from a craft store or a florist.

internet explorer 7

No comments:

Post a Comment